Menu

CLE Math questions

Ibbygirl

I am thinking of using CLE math in conjunction with Singapore. I have been to the site and have looked at the sample pages, but I have some questions about them.

I most likely wouldn't need every book in the set since some of the topics will be overlapping with the Singapore, but I wanted to ask how you determine which book you need? Is there an index somewhere that tells you what skills are taught for each book in the set so that I can pick and choose? Are the pages in the samples indicative of the concepts that are taught in that particular book? Do I need to purchase the Teacher book or the answer keys?

Thank you kindly to all who reply. :) I greatly appreciate the advice. :)

Blessings,

Jennifer

Here is the Scope & Sequence for CLE. It's K-8 and for each subject, but not hard to scroll through & find Math. It breaks down what is covered in each Light Unit.

For grades 1-3, the answers are in the Teacher book, but beyond that they are only in the answer keys.

Thank you so much!! This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. :)

We just started using CLE math 6 and Singapore 5b .We don't try to line up the topics but do CLE as directed and I assign pages in the Singapore textbook. My daughter took a placement test for CLE prior to starting and tested at grade level. We have always used Singapore.

We just started using CLE math 6 and Singapore 5b .We don't try to line up the topics but do CLE as directed and I assign pages in the Singapore textbook. My daughter took a placement test for CLE prior to starting and tested at grade level. We have always used Singapore.

Cool. Do you have her complete all of the assignments in both of the books?? My daughter always tests grade level as well, she just tests lower in math than all her other subjects where she tests way beyond her grade level. I personally don't care too much about scores, but my main concern was to give her as many tools as I can for the evaluation because of her test anxiety. Nothing freaks her out more than having the teacher ask her a question that she has no clue what she's talking about. I know that different math programs sometimes teach the same skill but use a different wording to teach the concept, so I'm just trying to give her a couple of more tools in her tool bag to hopefully lessen her test anxiety. :)