Menu

Shurley Grammar Co-op

We love Shurley. I did it for my 2nd grader and 5th grader one year. I didn't do it this year, because it's so repetitive. They both did great with it and got it. I think my philosophy is changing a little. I'll be using it with my 7th grader this year (probably Shurley 6) and spreading it out over two years. If she's got a good handle on it after that, we'll probably be done with grammar. As long as I can see the results in her writing. That's the whole reason we teach it anyway. I probably won't be doing it with my other daughter until she's in 6th or 7th grade. Although, I know other people who do use it every year or every other year.

We liked it. I think you'll enjoy it. It's fun.

HTH,

Patty

We did Shurley in a co-op last year and the kids loved it - K-6th.

We did OMT for the older kids along with an IEW theme book. It worked out MUCH better than Essentials had the previous year. I don't understand why CC doesn't just go with Shurley. They cover everything in a logical, sequential way without driving the parent/teacher/co-op leader crazy.