Menu

Has Amazon.com been running slow for anyone else?

I have always had success with them in the past. But recently, I've been striking out on my delivery estimates. Grrr.

I'll just have to tell my son that his birthday present I ordered on May 11th for his May 22nd birthday, will get here eventually....trust me. :glare:

Stinkers.

Jo

In the past I used amazon a TON. However, it seemed to me they slowed down when they developed their new shipping program that you have to pay for. I've also had trouble when items were shipping from a third party, the site doesn't always tell you when it's not shipping from amazon's warehouse. I've stopped ordering from them completely at this point. I was sad to do it because I was a loyal customer from early on.

I have always had success with them in the past. But recently, I've been striking out on my delivery estimates. Grrr.

I'll just have to tell my son that his birthday present I ordered on May 11th for his May 22nd birthday, will get here eventually....trust me. :glare:

Stinkers.

Jo

Same here. I don't have prime but I select free shipping. The delivery time has always been 2 to 4 days. I placed a book order last week and it wasn't shipped until Monday, and I am still waiting.....:tongue_smilie:

ETA: My books came today. :)

Edited by Caledonia Academy

I agree. Prime really messed things up for the rest of us. I just refuse to pay $80 a year for prime just in case I might want to buy something from Amazon. From personal experience, "free shipping" is a nightmare. 2 Christmases ago I ordered enough to qualify, and selected "free shipping". It took almost 4 weeks to get "in stock" items. Nothing from Amazon arrived by Christmas. I called their CSR and was told they do not offer tracking for "free shipping" and it gets a lower priority - they do not guarantee when it will ship (that is why they say "usually ships" to cover whatever method is used) and it goes the cheapest (slowest) route possible.

I use Amazon as a last resort now and I never hit "free shipping". We did track our online orders over the period of a year to see if getting prime would have saved us anything. Honestly, for us, prime would be a mistake. By taking advantage of offers from various places like BN.com's free shipping for over $25 (and they are speedy) and cbd coupons, we would not get much out of it. I have friends who swear they are saving a boatload on shipping with prime, but for what I purchase, it would not be a value

In the past I used amazon a TON. However, it seemed to me they slowed down when they developed their new shipping program that you have to pay for. I've also had trouble when items were shipping from a third party, the site doesn't always tell you when it's not shipping from amazon's warehouse. I've stopped ordering from them completely at this point. I was sad to do it because I was a loyal customer from early on.

Well, my Hawaii sista', who I still owe an email...who do you order from? :bigear:

Jo

I really do want to "talk" soon. It has been crazy here with family in town.

I am also curious who Mrs Mungo uses, but I will list my sites to use rather than Amazon.

bn.com

bam.com

cduniverse.com

book peddler

ebay

bedbathbeyond.com

walmart

target

various homeschool sources direct (cornerstone, lamp post, beautiful feet, etc)

bestbuy

Dh has several sites he uses for work and office supply type things

Well, my Hawaii sista', who I still owe an email...who do you order from? :bigear:

Jo

I really do want to "talk" soon. It has been crazy here with family in town.

I understand. My sister and cousin are coming in today, I know how it goes. I think maybe that's one of the things that makes living here a bit different than everywhere else? *Someone* constantly has people in town, lol.

Now I mostly order from Barnes and Noble's website, they have a lot of great specials that often include free shipping. I also order a lot of books through my local Borders store, they come in pretty fast and shipping is always free. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered from amazon.com a couple of weeks ago and chose free shipping. They split my order into three shipments, but I received them all within a week. Two of them arrived priority mail. I haven't had any trouble with the main company, though the "marketplace" can be hit or miss.