Menu

bible program

Guest 4boys

I have used Leading Little Ones to God and will be using it again for my K'er this fall. It is mostly just reading and suggestions for Bible verses to memorize and hymns to learn. You could do it with a 2nd grader as well; I am pretty sure my 2nd grader will want to sit in and listen even though I did it with him once already in K. The other thing we are using is Studying God's Word. Right now we are doing book B and both my older boys really like it. We'll be starting C soon and I'm sure they will both participate again.

this is sort of not answering the question (although we too plan to use Leading Little Ones this year for our 4 and 6 y.o.) but for scripture memory we are using Hide 'Em in Your Heart cd's by Steve Green. The videos are the same songs too so reinforce them. I tried using the SL scripture cd's and didn't like them quite as much as these. Once they can read at a 2nd grade level I like them to use the R&S readers for their own devotion reading aside from what we do together, or the Beginner's Bible. Both are pretty easy for them to use. They just move on through each year of the R&S readers for their reading time since that keeps it on their reading level.