Menu

Help on using this forum

Hi, I just joined in April and I am still trying to figure out how to use this forum effectively. How can I easily go back and check on posts that I have made to check out the replies without having to search through all the other threads? I am so confused. Thanks so much... any tips would be helpful....

You can use the search feature that is right up at the top in the blue line. Put the name of the thread in and it should pull it up for you. You can also do an advanced search with keywords and select which board to search.

HTH.

BTW, I see you are in Tallahassee. We moved up here from Tallahassee 7 years ago!

If you click on your User CP link (upper left-hand corner, in the blue bar) that should show you all the threads you've started or responded to that have new replies. If the thread hasn't had a new reply since the last time you looked, you can click on View All Subscribed Threads (bottom right of that list) and it will show you every thread you've started or posted on.

Hope that helps!

You can also subscribe to a thread by clicking on THREAD TOOLS and selecting SUBSCRIBE. You can choose whether or not you'd like to be notified of new posts to the thread.

I've only subscribed once and that was last year... completely forgot about that option until you brought up the question.

You may have your notification type default set to "do not subscribe." This option can be changed in your user panel.

Yes, forgot about that! Go into your User CP. Along the left side, you'll see all sorts of options and links. Click on "Edit Options." Scroll down about halfway, and you'll see:

Default Thread Subscription Mode

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Default Thread Subscription Mode:

There's a dropdown menu there, and you can select "No e-mail notification." That means you'll be subscribed to the threads you participate in, but won't get e-mails for every new reply.