Menu

Are we allowed to copy the 'Student Pages' on PHP website?

Mommy7

I wouldn't think so. I think they are still considered consumable, just sold in single sheet format for binder storage or in daily files in lieu of the workbook. If they didn't hold the copyright, what would stop folks from buying, copying, reselling the originals as new or like new... Now a cd with full printing rights for families planning to use a resource for multiple children would be a great idea for the student pages.

I copied this directly from http://www.peacehillpress.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=11

May we copy the Student Pages in the Activity Books for use within our own family? How about the tests?

Absolutely! When you purchase the Activity Book, you have the right to copy the Student Pages (maps, coloring, pages, project templates, review cards) for use within your own family. The same is true if you purchase the tests. Now if you don’t feel like lugging the whole Activity Book to Kinko’s, you can purchase separate Student Pages from our site. It works out to be about 6 cents a copy. (Note: There are no coloring pages for the Volume 4 Activity Book.)

If you need to copy pages for a co-op or a school, please contact Peace Hill Press for licensing information.

And then on the Student Pages link from that FAQ it says:

Consumable sheets from the Activity Book for The Story of the World, Vol. 1

If you've already purchased the Activity Book, you're free to make copies for your family to use. Many parents find it easier to simply use these pre-copied sheets.

So, the only problem would be if you want to make the copies so that you can re-sell the Student pages, and that would be a violation of copyright of course. But, the separate Student Pages are identical to the ones in the book, just that book is a pain to copy from when it's bound. Trying to get the book lined up nicely and pressed down hard enough was impossible. I solved that by having Kinko's remove the spine and 3 hole punch everything ($2 charge). Then making extra copies of the Student pages was easy to do on my DH's office copier. If you didn't want to take your book's spine off, just buy one set of the Student pages and make copies of it for the 2nd/3rd, etc child in your family because the Student Pages description says that's ok to do. Or, if your copy place charges more than .06 each it's cheaper to buy it from PHP.

Edited by ConnieB
Edited with the Student Pages information

I talked to Peace Hill Press this morning...they said that I can copy them for my family's use. The only thing is they say that I will need the whole workbook for the instructions, etc. So, I ended up purchasing the workbook and I will have the spine cut off and make copies. :D

I talked to Peace Hill Press this morning...they said that I can copy them for my family's use. The only thing is they say that I will need the whole workbook for the instructions, etc. So, I ended up purchasing the workbook and I will have the spine cut off and make copies. :D

We're using SOTW vol 1 with our k/1st, 5/6th and 7th graders this year. We purchased the package that included the test booklet and extra set of student pages, and will purchase another set of student pages at HEAV. The first set I split between DS #1 (7th g.) and DD (k/1). DD gets the coloring pages and DS gets the maps and puzzles, etc. DS #2 will get all the activities, but he's in public school until mid-June, so he'll start after school lets out. I don't intend to allow the children to write in the activity book itself because we'll be using it once for the boys and twice for DD.

It would be nice to have a CD with pdfs of the activity pages than can be printed as needed.