Menu

The Teaching Company's Geometry class...

My oldest used this course after he had completed Singapore NEM 3B. Singapore incorporates geometry similarly to Saxon. The course was good but I don't think it would be considered a "complete" geometry course. He went on to take College Algebra, Trig, and Calculus as a dual enrolled student at our local university.

If I had to cram in a quick geometry course, I would consider this option. Otherwise I would suggest a more traditional course.

Has anyone used it for high school geometry and how did you like it. It's on sale for $79

thanks,

whitney

I use the TC lectures as the teaching component with the Jacobs text. DD watches all the lectures that tie into the current chapter of study, then begins that chapter of Jacobs.

DD is currently finishing up chapter 12, and this method has worked well. I think all but some of the material in chapter 8 of Jacobs has been covered by the TC lectures.

Cathy

We have watched Alg 1 and 2 and Geometry, the Geometry teacher is the best teacher among the 3. He does a good job of summarizing and explaining concepts. We watched each set at the end of that particular math course, as a sort of review. I wouldn't use them as a full blown course though :)