Menu

Can I just say RightStart math is awesome?

KIN

:D My son is in level C, 2nd grade. Today we did 4-digit subtraction, and I LOVE the way they teach it! It is such a different approach than I learned, but it makes so much sense. I can't believe how quickly he can subtract. Anyway, I just had to say how much I love their approach!

Dss just turned 8 and are also in RS C. Last fall they took online assessments required by the charter school they are in. In math, one son scored in the 98th percentile overall and the other in the 90th percentile overall.

Someone asked me why I credit Right Start since dss also scored in the 98th and 90th percentiles in reading and language arts without having used a language arts "curriculum". Here is how I know it was Right Start. The math scores were broken down by category and dss scores were very high in every category except estimation and rounding. They received average scores in these topics. These are topics that RS barely touched upon, if at all. (I recall a few lessons where they estimated the number of tiles, but I can't even recall if rounding was covered.)

We are very pleased with RS.

While I tend to practice more of a "delayed math" approach we have this and have it some of the chapters. I LOVE It. My daughter does too. Its so complete, logical and thorough. I am having to re learn math totally, which is great for me. I had a terrible time in school with math and I am actually learning to love it again!!