Menu

So we drank the AoPS Kool-Aid...

and so far, so good. It seems to be an excellent fit. My dd didn't like Beast Academy, and I returned the PreAlgebra unused. Somehow the Intro Algebra book is just right.  She did Foerster last year. We ended up jumping into AoPS at chapter 8 because seemed to need a brush up on the coordinate topics. We are finishing up that chapter and I'm debating how long to stick with this book since technically she's doing Geometry this year.

Do I just roll with it as long as it is working? Every time I get the Geometry book off the shelf, she gives me the side-eye.

I believe chapters 12+ are considered algebra 2 in that AoPS book. So, you can either keep going and concurrently do algebra 2, put it aside and just focus on geometry, or go back to the beginning of that AoPS book and do a deeper pass through algebra 1.

We completed Forester's last year (7th) and since we have time, we decided to do the deeper pass through algebra 1 and started from the beginning. It's been the best choice for us.

Edited by deerforest
  • Like 1