Menu

Is there a way to better predict the days your hormones are going to make you crazy?

wintermom

I have a friend who says she can map out the days she'll have crazy hormones (menstration related) and has told her family in advance, "During these 4 days, I apologize in advance because I won't be able to make any rational decisions, I'll likely start a wild project, and I may do other irrational things."  

I want to know when my crazy days are going to be so I can warn my family, too. I wouldn't mind knowing myself a little in advance, too.  :laugh:  Right now I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. My periods are too irregular to predict. I only find out I'm being crazy after the fact. 

Edited by tmoan

Do you know how to tell if you've ovulated, or are about to?  If you can spot that it will give a pretty good clue - you'd probably find that if you can chart it, there will be a pattern that starts to emerge that wasn't clear with just charting by day.

Edited by Bluegoat

Do you know how to tell if you've ovulated, or are about to?  If you can spot that it will give a pretty good clue - you'd probably find that if you can chart it, there will be a pattern that starts to emerge that wasn't clear with just charting by day.

I used to get cramping during ovulation, but not anymore. Now I'm getting cramping all different times for no apparent reason. 

Edited by wintermom

I used to get cramping during ovulation, but not anymore. Now I'm getting cramping all different times for no apparent reason. 

Yeah, I'd also try something like Taking Charge of Your Fertility, then.  It's not hard for most people to learn to do this, you just need to read the signs.  Most people will be able to know several days ahead that ovulation is going to happen.

I learned to do the Billings Method for birth control, and so learned how to do it that way, which I'd also reccomend to anyone wanting to learn how to read their cycle - it doesn't require special equipment or anything so is easy and economical if you aren't going to use it for other things.