1 reply to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Zgshipman

Zgshipman

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

I'd like to get some opinions on the early Sonlight IGs for the younger grades,which would be better for a 4-5 year old and almost 3 year old if I want to do them together. Or is it not a good idea, should I just keep them separate?

Edited by Zgshipman, 05 April 2017 - 05:54 AM.

#2 MerryAtHope

MerryAtHope

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7216 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:55 PM

I think almost 3 is really young for Sonlight, but you could try the P3-4 books and see if they hold your little one's interest. I combined my kids who are 2 years apart for years, but I started my oldest one alone and gradually added my younger one in as she was ready. She actually wasn't as good at sitting and listening as my son was, so she wasn't fully combined with him until she was in K. We had a lot of great years reading books together though! (She's a senior now and he is in college). 

When my kids were little, they only had one Prek core, and it was somewhat similar to today's P4-5 core. It didn't have an IG (and I didn't think it needed one--just read and enjoy great books with your kids as they are ready for them). We enjoyed a number of those books for years, re-reading them often.

Anyway, have fun!