Menu

Transcript for summer program question

(My last question for awhile, I promise!)

Just starting to put together new transcripts for academic competitive summer program applications.

Ones he has applied to in the past specifically asked for transcripts & lists of extracurriculars, awards, SAT scores, Etc.

This one just says "high school transcript".

His high school transcript with just classes & grades is fine, but doesn't really show his strengths & interests as much as adding the other info (Iike 4 years of FTC Robotics)

1. Would it be ok to either send both transcript & extras you think, or at least add the most important things to his transcript?

2. Are awards & internships ever included ON the transcript?

For example, he's an Intel ISEF finalist this year and has done a full year internship with a local engineering company. Those seem important to mention.

What do you think?

(My last question for awhile, I promise!)

Just starting to put together new transcripts for academic competitive summer program applications.

Ones he has applied to in the past specifically asked for transcripts & lists of extracurriculars, awards, SAT scores, Etc.

This one just says "high school transcript".

His high school transcript with just classes & grades is fine, but doesn't really show his strengths & interests as much as adding the other info (Iike 4 years of FTC Robotics)

1. Would it be ok to either send both transcript & extras you think, or at least add the most important things to his transcript?

Since they just asked for a high school transcript and not any extra material, I would send in just one transcript but put the FTC and internship on the transcript.

2. Are awards & internships ever included ON the transcript? I include them on the transcript.  I also awarded my son academic credit for his research and embedded links to his published research on the transcript in case anyone wanted more information.

For example, he's an Intel ISEF finalist this year and has done a full year internship with a local engineering company. Those seem important to mention.

What do you think? I would mention them.

• Like 1