Menu

When your SAT date is canceled? -- UPDATE in main post

Just received notice today that my son's SAT on Saturday has been canceled (materials lost in the mail).  No idea if we have any say on how to transfer to a different date -- or if we are stuck with whatever date the school sets (we have huge potential conflicts in February).

Anyone here BTDT who can give me the skinny?

UPDATE:  02/11/2017

When SATs are canceled, a make-up is scheduled to take place within a fairly quick time frame (ours was rescheduled for 4 February).

IF you cannot make the rescheduled date, you can change your test to another date/place that is more convenient without any fee.

The College Board system isn't always accurate.  Their system had the make up date as 1/22 -- but the letter sent to us said 2/4. They couldn't find my son in the system until I provided his SS number.  The people working the phones really try to be very helpful -- and succeed (at least the times I've called they have).

So-- we are now set to take the SAT on 6 May in Rome.  DS is going to spend the extra time prepping like a fiend, to make this the LAST one.  Just 100 more points to goal!

Edited by LisaK in VA is in IT
  • Like 1

No idea, but makes me wonder who stole those tests and who is benefiting from them.

A whole set of exams missing seems awfully fishy to me.

Well, we're talking military mail.  It took six weeks for my birthday cards to arrive -- six weeks!

• Like 1

So...here's what I know.

Test was canceled.  We were supposed to get an official notification from TCB/ETS -- but nada.

Heard the make-up date is 4-Feb (won't be here).

Contacted the College Board, waiting to find out if we can switch to 6 May test in Rome (means staying overnight in Rome, as I'm not leaving the house at 0400 to drive there).  

Will probably have to call tonight, as the email chains seem to get pat-answers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...