Menu

Decorators....what is the hot new color coming up?

Tap

Can 'grayed lavender' be far behind?  Can't believe I ever liked that color.

We painted our kitchen a greyed lavender about eight years ago... by accident.  It didn't look anything like the little swatch, once it was on the walls!  And I hated it for about two years, but just didn't have the time to repaint.  It finally grew on me, but now that our youngest is finally getting out of the coloring-on-the-walls stage, we really should repaint...

I'm so bad with colors.  Give me taupe with white trim.  done.

Confession:  I spent a good part of the past week entertaining myself by shopping for houses online.  And/or lots and floor plans.  It started with some local traffic issues and mushroomed from there LOL.  I do this about every six months - helps me motivate to get my own house fixed up.  We are not moving.

But this morning I found an interesting house that needs updating (new flooring and kitchen countertops, among other things) but is otherwise a pretty good size and arrangement for us.  On 2 acres.  Walking (or maybe bike-riding) distance to dd's high school, where my 8th graders just took the admissions test this morning.  Hmm.

Edited by wapiti
  • Like 1

I'm so bad with colors. Give me taupe with white trim. done.

Confession: I spent a good part of the past week entertaining myself by shopping for houses online. And/or lots and floor plans. It started with some local traffic issues and mushroomed from there LOL. I do this about every six months - helps me motivate to get my own house fixed up. We are not moving.

But this morning I found an interesting house that needs updating (new flooring and kitchen countertops, among other things) but is otherwise a pretty good size and arrangement for us. On 2 acres. Walking distance to dd's high school, where my 8th graders just took the admissions test this morning. Hmm. It's kind of a... Spanish style? I don't know how to do that, being more of an east coast person.

That's how it all starts. Next thing you know you'll have chickens and goats on your new 2 acre hobby farm and you won't even have to worry about silly things like counters because all your money will be spent on livestock! :)

That's how it all starts. Next thing you know you'll have chickens and goats on your new 2 acre hobby farm and you won't even have to worry about silly things like counters because all your money will be spent on livestock! :)

LOL.  Livestock is allowed.  (as for the updating, it was built in 1978... at least the bathrooms have been updated already)

Edited by wapiti