Menu

Instant Pot ? - Reheating in the IP

FriedClams

I made chili last night in my IP. It was delicious. Now, normally I make it in the crock pot, and then the next day I chuck the insert back in the crock pot to reheat it. How do I do this in the IP? What lazy person setting do i use to reheat my chili without having to microwave it or use the stove? I'd prefer not to use sautee or actually have to stir. :-)

You could either put the chili directly into the pot and use the slow cook function (the one that is like a crockpot), or what I would do is put the chili in another smaller pot and add water to the insert, put the trivet in, put the chili pot on top of the trivet and use the steam button for a couple of minutes. I can't remember how long. You can try 5 minutes and add more time if that didn't heat it up enough.

• Like 1

You could either put the chili directly into the pot and use the slow cook function (the one that is like a crockpot), or what I would do is put the chili in another smaller pot and add water to the insert, put the trivet in, put the chili pot on top of the trivet and use the steam button for a couple of minutes. I can't remember how long. You can try 5 minutes and add more time if that didn't heat it up enough.

See, this wording makes it sound like you don't pull the insert out, cover it in cling wrap, and stick it all in the fridge. Like, you move the food to another container... LOL! :-) Can you tell we're low workload here? I sometimes feel like the dad in Cheaper by the Dozen! :-)

See, this wording makes it sound like you don't pull the insert out, cover it in cling wrap, and stick it all in the fridge. Like, you move the food to another container... LOL! :-) Can you tell we're low workload here? I sometimes feel like the dad in Cheaper by the Dozen! :-)

My insert is in the fridge right now with leftovers in it!

I am normally use the instant too much to store food in it though.