Menu

JV sports teams

TwoEdgedSword

Does anyone have a son or daughter playing on a JV team at their college for any sport?

I have a son who might want to park himself at the JV college level for less stress, but I don't know if the JV level would really make a difference in that.

Are all JV players striving for the Vars. team or are some ok with playing there for their college career? Any other input would be helpful too.

Thanks.

Does anyone have a son or daughter playing on a JV team at their college for any sport?

I have a son who might want to park himself at the JV college level for less stress, but I don't know if the JV level would really make a difference in that.

Are all JV players striving for the Vars. team or are some ok with playing there for their college career? Any other input would be helpful too.

Thanks.

Very few colleges have JV teams.  Most colleges, though have club sports teams, which are student-lead, without paid coaches, practice regularly and compete against club teams from other colleges.  These club teams require much less commitment of students. Frequently, the student may need to pay some fee to participate in club sports.

• Like 3

My ds is playing D3 baseball and his conference does have JV teams.  It seems they are for younger players and maybe some that just never panned out.  They dont bring kids in with the intention of being a permanent JV player. That is not what they are looking for. I would think all the playing time would go to the younger kids getting ready to play varsity. 

• Like 1