Menu

What writing style is used in WWS?

athena1277

Do you mean formatting style? If so, that's a good question -- I'm not seeing anything in all of the online descriptions or reviews. My guess would be MLA style as SWB herself teaches in the Humanities… Just a thought, but, how about changing your post subject to specifically include her name to attract her attention and ask her! :) Something like: "Susan Wise Bauer: What formatting style is used in WWS for citing periodicals?"

Not at all a hard-and-fast rule, but frequently the different styles tend to be used for different applications. Below I've linked the OWL (Online Writing Lab) at Purdue's guides on citations and citing sources in the various styles (with specific links to citing periodicals, since that was your original question).

MLA style = essays and papers in the Humanities and Liberal Arts (citing periodicals in MLA)

APA style = papers and write ups of original research in the Social Sciences (citing periodicals in APA)

Chicago style = some manuscript preparation for History papers (or other Humanities); also some newspapers/journalism (citing periodicals in Chicago)

Edited by Lori D.