Menu

MAP testing practice? X Post

Mom in High Heels

Does anyone know if there are any MAP (Measure of Academic Progress) sample tests online?  I have looked, but can't find anything!  We're considering sending Indy to school for 8th grade (a magnet type of school), and he needs to take the MAP.  He won't have to do it until late summer, but he's already a nervous wreck.  I think he'd feel more confident if he knew what to expect. TIA!

Our church's new classical school (K–4) just did MAP testing last week for the first time. It was pretty low-key. My 4th grader is attending there this year after being homeschooled K–3. His only freak out was the first day where he had a string of questions about a math concept he did not recognize, and he got frustrated. Just knowing how the test evaluates you would be useful to your son, in that it selects the next question based on your performance on the previous question(s).

Erica in OR

You can also just buy a general prep test booklet just to give kids a taste of what kinds of questions they'll encounter and you can practice timed.  I don't do a ton of prep by any stretch, but doing just a tiny bit puts my kids mind at ease that it's really not that big a deal and they can get through it. (we are required to test annually)

http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Test-Practice-Grade-8/dp/1620576007/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425348277&sr=8-1&keywords=8th+grade+test+prep