Menu

Writing online/tutor/course options ? ?

My kids have taken several classes from home2teach and they have learned a lot.

Here is a description from the paragraph class my ds is taking:

Description: Students will work on writing different styles of paragraphs and focus on sentence structure, and grammar, and development of the understanding of a topic sentence and details within the paragraph. Students will learn to write a descriptive paragraph, compare-contrast paragraph, characterization paragraph, narrative paragraph, process paragraph, and expository paragraph. Class is usually recommended to be repeated more than once, with more complex assignments each time. This challenging class is highly suitable for all ages from 13 through high school.

Things I have notice in my dc writing:

using correct grammar

learning to write organized paragraphs

learned to write poetry(which my dd said she couldn't do and did very well!)

Wrote creative stories(which my ds hated and said he couldn't do and now enjoys)

writing narration

And more I can't think of write now.

I am thankful for online writing classes because I can't write or use grammar correctly to save my life.

Another plug for home2teach.com

My dd14 is doing the paragraph class right now, and although I would have said she is a good writer, she has found this very challenging, which is a good thing, I think.

I gave it a go because a 6 week course at $75 felt like an affordable risk. I will use them again.

• 11 months later...