Menu

Opinions of MOH audio CDs

My boys have enjoyed Story of the World 1-4 audio CDs. We listened to SOTW 1 and 2 multiple times.

Now we are doing the second 4 year round with TOG and finished TOG 1. However, I don't feel I remember much. So I would like to remediate by us listening to MOH 1 audio CDs for review and also for the Bible integration of MOH. I would like to also use MOH 2 audio as supplement when we do TOG 2, not really trying to match them.

Have you done this before? Or have you used MOH audio? Do you like them?

I would really like to buy them used for cheaper price since it is only supplementary.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Volumes 1 and 3 are available with or without music, and I'm pretty sure Volume 4 will be as well because that is how she has been recording them for a while.  I would guess that Volume 2 will be eventually (probably when it is revised) but I would imagine that she would do audios for Volume 4 first.

I have the audios for the first two volumes.  They are fine but we don't really use them much because my dd prefers for me to read to her from the book, so I didn't get them for Volume 3.  I have kept them in case my younger kids might like them.  I haven't ever used SoTW so I can't compare them.

In case you don't already know, only the CD's can be sold, the digital downloads cannot.

• 1 month later...

I am so glad I didn't spend money on the MOH 2 CDs. My boys and I all like me reading aloud to them. I feel more engaged and can pause to discuss with them. It is great for bonding and more comprehension. I just returned MOH 1 audio CDs to the friend I borrowed them from.

At first I didn't care for MOH 1, but now when we study Middle Ages with MOH 2 and Winter Promise lesson plan and books, I enjoy MOH much more. I hope to continue MOH as spine.

I ended up adjusting my sound & was able to quiet the background music LOTS & bring up the voice of the speaker. :) I will say, though, the samples for MOH2 have the music SUPER quiet & barely audible which is why I ended up purchasing them. I was a little disappointed to have the music so overwhelming & was delighted to figure out a way to pipe it down a little..