Menu

Question for those who have used Bible Study Guide for all Ages

AngelAnnie

It looks interesting, but I'm having trouble figuring out what I would need to purchase in order to do the program with my children.

I have a 7 & 10 year old. So, would I need a teacher guide (Unit 1 - 104 lessons) and then student pages for each child - probably intermediate and advanced (4 sets of 26 lessons to cover all 104 in the teacher guide).

So what else would I need? Timeline? I just don't understand what all I would need to do the program. Anyone willing to spell it out a little for me and also let me know how they like it? Also, how often do you do it and how long does it take to do a lesson? So, how long would 104 lessons last me?

Thanks so much. :)

Angel

It is up to you. We used it with just the TM. Then I decided to get the student pages (which my kids hated) and we barely used them. This was mainly because I had failed to read where they were not KJV and that is what we use. You could also do with just the worksheets. The TM made it very open and go for me. I did not end up getting the timeline since we already had one up from history. Instead I just placed the figures on the same timeline.

I used this for years with my oldest two. We started to use it with my younger two, but they didn't like it nearly as much so now we just do family devotions.

To answer your question, we had the teacher guide and activity pages for each child. I used the timeline and maps with volume 1, but found them to be time consuming and we did all that for history, so didn't want to overdo it with little students.

Here is a link to an old post where I explained how we used it.

I just received a used copy of the timeline, maps and some labels. If you already have a timeline, you could just purchase the labels and use them on your history timeline.

I bought the old version intermediate pages to supplement the TM. If I had it to do over again, I would order the beginner sheets and have the student use them instead of the visuals in the TM. The visuals in the TM are better in volume 1 than in the later volumes. Volumes 2-4 visuals are unusable in my opinion. The intermediate pages include instructions to draw items that students might be unsure of how to draw. The beginner pages include full visuals with instructions to mark and color them.

The older version of worksheets, do not have KJV scripture in them, but were written to be used with both KJV and NIV. The newer edition worksheets are fully NIV.

There is no set answer to what is "needed". More resources are better, but people are finding a variety of ways to successfully just use some of the pieces.