Menu

Make your own Copywork?

simka2

Does anyone know how to do this on the computer. I want to make some really nice copywork pages, but I am a bit technically challenged and need it spelled out for me. I saw something on the Donna Young site, but I am somewhat confused.

You will need some kind of word processing program such as Microsoft Word. You should install a copywork font you like (such as the one from Donna Young's web site) onto your computer - that means, download the .TTF file to your computer's Fonts directory.

The font will then be available in the word processor software. Choose the font and type away.

HTH

I like Startwrite, though it's not free. You can get it via an HSBC code if you call, and it's 25% off that way. It's super easy to use, and it includes a lot of popular fonts (ZB, HWT, GDI, etc.) - both print and joined cursive.

We use Startwrite for some copywork. More often we use nice notebook pages from notebookingpages.com or other such sites. I write his narrations on the white board and he copies them onto the notebook pages. Soon I'll be taking all of the pages from the year and comb binding them into a keepsake for the year.