Menu

One of our community leaders contacted me today

to tell me how impressed she was with ds13. On Tuesday we participated in a bbq at the park for National Night Out. Ds13 was working the crowd and talked to quite a few neighbors - many whom we did not know prior to this event. This lady who contacted me is on our city council and is one of our local bank managers. She also sent me 9 pictures of both of my kids! This was a very nice start to the day.:)

Oh - and I did get to educate one of our other city leaders on homeschooling. This lady (also on the city council) asked me if I was participating in the local school district's homeschool program. When I told her "No, I'm freelancing it." She told me that was illegal. I laughed and told her what the real law is. She seemed really concerned that I was homeschooling ds13 still but her eyes started to roll back in her head when I started to tell her about my planning, making sure we get prerequisites at the right time, etc. She ended up saying that I sure knew what I was doing! An elderly lady sitting next to us was cracking up. She didn't say anything but I felt like I had back up!