Menu

A question about selling homemade cookies...

There are a few ways of figuring out what you should charge. I'd figure out what to charge according to each of these methods, then use those numbers to get my real price.

#1. Cost of Materials/ingredients x 3 then divide by how many cookies you can make with those ingredients.

#2. Cost of materials + a set amount of $ per hour of labor. Decide how much you'd be happy making per hour, then how many hours it'll take you to make a certain amount of cookies, add the cost of ingredients for that many cookies, then divide per cookie.

#3. Call around to specialty bakeries in your area and see what they would charge you to make you something like those cookies.

I'd figure all of these, then use a sort of average of all three methods.

There are a few ways of figuring out what you should charge. I'd figure out what to charge according to each of these methods, then use those numbers to get my real price.

#1. Cost of Materials/ingredients x 3 then divide by how many cookies you can make with those ingredients.

#2. Cost of materials + a set amount of $ per hour of labor. Decide how much you'd be happy making per hour, then how many hours it'll take you to make a certain amount of cookies, add the cost of ingredients for that many cookies, then divide per cookie.

#3. Call around to specialty bakeries in your area and see what they would charge you to make you something like those cookies.

I'd figure all of these, then use a sort of average of all three methods.

Agreed! I'd find the average. We've done similar things and that's how we did it. We figured cost per unit, how much we've seen them sold for by stores/others, and how much we'd like to make off each unit (cookie, cup, etc.).