Menu

Reviews of Veritas Press Chronicles of Narnia Comp Guide?

It looks pretty good. What I want is something similar to the Inside Stories guides with comprehension questions and some additional information and activities. Would VP Chronicles of Narnia Comp work for that? Is there another literary guide you would recommend instead? My kids are baby - 9 years old (this would be for the 5 and up crowd). Thanks!

They have several (maybe 5-6) questions for each chapter and some scattered vocab pages. I prefer Logos over VP guides for this book series.

Thanks. :). Care to elaborate? The Logos guides run $56 for all seven books. The VP guide is only $20. Is the Logos set worth the cost? :)

If you can find a copy of ROAR!, it's a great family guide to all the books, with some vocab and questions and devotionals and activities ... varies by book and chapter. It was on clearance at CBD for a while, and the website no longer exists, but of all the newer Narnia guides, it is the BEST out there. Before that Kathryn Lindskog's book was best.

(These aren't necessarily teaching guides, more for family discussion and study. So I don't know how they compare to Logos and VP. But if you can still find Roar for $5 or so on clearance, it is WELL worth getting. And I am a nut about collecting Narnia books, so I've seen a lot.)

If you can find a copy of ROAR!, it's a great family guide to all the books, with some vocab and questions and devotionals and activities ... varies by book and chapter. It was on clearance at CBD for a while, and the website no longer exists, but of all the newer Narnia guides, it is the BEST out there. Before that Kathryn Lindskog's book was best.

(These aren't necessarily teaching guides, more for family discussion and study. So I don't know how they compare to Logos and VP. But if you can still find Roar for $5 or so on clearance, it is WELL worth getting. And I am a nut about collecting Narnia books, so I've seen a lot.)

Thanks! Christian Book had it for $2.99 + shipping. I decided to buy it after looking at the preview of it on Amazon. I think it might fit what I'm looking for. :)