Menu

Looking for full-size bound notebooks for journaling...

Would something like the Mead bound notebooks work? They usually come in black and white marble, but I've found some in several different colors. I remember that I liked them in school because I could color the white parts of the marbling different colors with marker. :tongue_smilie:

Would something like the Mead bound notebooks work? They usually come in black and white marble, but I've found some in several different colors. I remember that I liked them in school because I could color the white parts of the marbling different colors with marker. :tongue_smilie:

Actually I have tried the Mead/Norcom Composition books. In fact I have two blank ones sitting here. The problem with them...now don't laugh...is that they are BEYOND ugly! :lol: My son is visual and these are NOT visually appealing enough to excite him to want to use them, let alone to do his best work in them.

BUT!! Check out this website I just found: http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_Decorate_a_Composition_Journal/

Now that we can do! :D (If I had at least one creative bone in my body, I may have thought of this solution myself. :blink:)

Off to Michaels I go...

I get them at Barnes and Noble for about $6.oo each. We don't use the Mead books because they are ugly as well. I can't stand to look at them on the shelf. It sounds so weird, but all of our journals, notebooks and school books have to look organized and visually pleasing or I begin to feel stressed and actually unfocused.

I take the 40% off coupon from Michael's (or Joann) and go to the artist section. After the coupon, a hard cover vellum notebook is only about $6. I used to decorate mine by re-covering the exterior using upholstery fabric out of the remainder bin, really thin batting and a glue gun.

There's all kinds of directions to cover a notebook if you google "how to fabric covered notebook".

Amie

I get them at Barnes and Noble for about $6.oo each. We don't use the Mead books because they are ugly as well. I can't stand to look at them on the shelf. It sounds so weird, but all of our journals, notebooks and school books have to look organized and visually pleasing or I begin to feel stressed and actually unfocused.

That doesn't sound wierd to me at all! Could it be a 'Melissa' thing? :lol:

Of course, I've apparently passed it on to my son. :blink:

About B&N...Yes, I do recall they have an entire wall of beautiful journals! I completely forgot about them.

I haven't checked your link yet, but Miller Pads & Paper carries a few things that you might like:

Blank hardback books -- some with blank covers and some with outlined pictures to color. They come in a couple of sizes.

Spiral notebooks with blank covers -- these come in different sizes of dashed mid-line (handwriting) paper.

Pentalic Traveler's Journal -- solid, colorful covers (but 8" x 6") only $6.95.

There are more options at the link.

Edited by profmom

Actually I have tried the Mead/Norcom Composition books. In fact I have two blank ones sitting here. The problem with them...now don't laugh...is that they are BEYOND ugly! :lol: My son is visual and these are NOT visually appealing enough to excite him to want to use them, let alone to do his best work in them.

BUT!! Check out this website I just found: http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_Decorate_a_Composition_Journal/

Now that we can do! :D (If I had at least one creative bone in my body, I may have thought of this solution myself. :blink:)

Off to Michaels I go...

Now, that is just COOL!!!!! Bookmarking page now.....

My son is now the proud owner of two very cool journals that I re-covered per the link I shared. It was soooo easy, and quite fun picking out the papers and designing it. It would be a blast to make girl journals though...with girly paper, ribbon, rhinestones [sigh!]. I'm thinking of making one for myself now. :D