Menu

SWI-A or All Things Fun and Fascinating or both?

tillie

My ds will be 4th grade age next year. He is a reluctant writer. He does well with spelling and grammar, but he just doesn't want to be bothered with figuring out what to write or how to put ideas together. I have heard a lot of praise for IEWs products. From what I can see on IEW's website, SWI-A looks like a 15 week program Is that correct? "All Things..." appears to be 34 weeks. Is this correct? Should I get him started with SWIA and then move into the other? Or, should I skip SWIA altogether? Any advice is genuinely appreciated.

I hesitate to tell you what YOU should do so I will tell you what I intend to do.:)

I have TWSS in hand now and Im "taking the seminar" while I fold laundry. The laundry piles prop up the notebook nicely.

Once Im done I intend to use Fun and Fascinating because I find it irresistable. From the samples it looks easy to teach and easy to to implement. And very very attractive.

I am blessed to have borrowed TWSS and SWI-A from a friend. I dont think we will end up using SWI because I do not think we will need it (we did get to take a seminar with Mr Pudewa already) and I am in love with Fun and Fascinating. The price is right and it covers more ground than SWI.

I asked an IEW representative this exact question at the convention concerning my 4th grade ds. I already have SWI A, but was interested in All Things Fun. She recommended starting with SWI A, since he will actually get the benefit of having Andrew Pudewa teach him to write and set the foundation. After that a theme program would be fine. Of course, she recommended TWSS also, but that is just not in my budget right now. So my plan is to start with SWI A, then move into All Things Fun.