Menu

Any Bravewriter Users Out There?

mygracious

as well as the personality of your children.

I am the orderly, logical type. I worked in scientific research and program management for 15 years before children. My oldest is just like me in so many scary ways. For us at least, Bravewriter was an utter bomb. I couldn't get my brain around it, and freewrites drove my oldest batty. We've thrived on IEW since, and I teach IEW in a co-op.

Now, I've done some freewrites with my younger one, and she'd thrive on it because she's more free and loose than my oldest and I. That said, she's starting IEW in the fall because I can grasp it and she needs the order IMHO.

HTH!

it was the one program my 3rd child (son, now 14) didn't cry about using. It's worked remarkably well with all my kids (ages 17 to the youngest school age one who is 9) and even my just turned 5 yo likes to do some of the activities we do (well, he at least pretends).

It's been great for my kids, but I tend to be laid back, teach them to enjoy learning rather than learn for learning sake.

I have friends who balk at the price of WJ, but sign their one child up for several BW classes, which we couldn't afford. I have 7 kids, and will use it with all 7 (plus I got it years ago when it wasn't nearly as expensive) so for me, it's worth the price.