Menu

SAT- code for homeschool?

My dd is registered to take the SAT this Saturday. My eldest dd (in college) reminded me to use the homeschool code for her registration. I know we did this for the PSAT, but I can't seem to find a code on the website. Does it matter? Won't her scores still go to her college choices? If you have a code, could you please share?:)

Thanks,

Leanna

Hi Lisa,

Did you print out your dd's admission ticket when you signed up online? If you did, then look on the ticket under "high school" and you should see "970000 - Schooled at Home". If it's missing or incorrect, then you need to call CollegeBoard at 866-756-7346 to correct it.

If you didn't print out the Admisssion Ticket, then you need to log into your dd's account - the My Organizer page should appear. Choose the My Tests tab and look under My SAT To-Do list for a link to the Admissions Ticket. (at least this is how it works in my dd's account).

It's annoying and slow to navigate the pages on the CB site with high-speed internet; I can only imagine how it works on dial-up. If nothing else, the phone number above should help you check her registration details.

hth,

Kathy

Dang! I wish I'd known this - DS registered for a subject test, and the school where he is taking it said he HAD to register under their school.

It isn't a big deal to get the scores from them (they are v. small), it's the principle of the thing...

asta

The printed admission ticket doesn't have a "high school" heading anywhere, nor does it show the school code under which the student registered. I have my daughter's admission ticket right here (she's taking it on 5/2) and that isn't on there. Perhaps they used to print that on there in the past?

There is a slot for "test center" where they have the code for the place where the student is taking the test. However that isn't a reflection on what "school code" the student is associated with. I know that we chose 970000.

That's weird -

I answered because we had just finished registering my dd for the June 6 testing date last night and had just printed her admission ticket. It's for a Subject Test, but I don't imagine the tickets are that different. Hers has a heading "Your Address and High School" and it lists her code (970000) and "Schooled At Home".

Maybe they're changing how it's done??

Kathy

Very interesting! We registered dd back at the end of March for this 5/2 SAT testing and her admission ticket has a "Your address" block but not anything about her high school.

Could very well have been a College Board format change in the past month.

Jan

for the June 6 SAT for my dtr's registration to put in the homeschool code. They said if I log into the site it will have the corrected info. (I haven't done that yet.)

The current ticket does just say "Test Center" and gives the local high school name and address. I haven't printed out the new ticket yet.

thanks to the poster for reminding me about the homeschool code.

I wanted to get back on the site and look into the subject test info but not sure if I should try that online with dial up.

lisaj, new to all this SAT stuff