Menu

How is the Biblical tie-in throughout TOG Redesign Year 1, if you have used it?

HappyGrace

I was looking at the online three week sample, and in the Reading Assignments for weeks 2 and 3, they go right into Exodus, obviously to go along with Egypt.

What I'm wondering is this: when they circle back around to Genesis (week 4), it looks like they only spend three weeks on it. Did you find that to be enough, or was it rushed? Also, did you feel that when they do the other ancient civilizations, there was good Biblical tie-in (not just tacked on Bible reading)?

I'm wondering because I'm looking at TOG yr 1 for our 2nd cycle. I want a really heavy Bible focus, and there are other programs for that year that really seem to tie it in well (MFW, HOD, even WP!) and I want to see how you felt the Biblical tie-in is throughout TOG 1. Thanks so much!

I haven't used TOG Y1 yet but have been perusing my copy off and on for the past year. :) I feel it is heavy on Bible throughout the year. There are many weeks where it states that the Bible is your most accurate historical source and uses only Bible for both Bible and history readings. The history focus in Year 1 is on how God prepared the world for its savior.

Hopefully those who have actually used it will chime in now!

There are several weeks where the Bible is the only historical source. The R level kid ends up reading almost every book from Genesis to Acts during the year.

For LG or UG, which I suspect is what you are looking at, they use a Childrens or DK picture Bible for their reading.

TOG covers Jewish history, in order, as major events occurred, just like they do the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Greeks and the Romans. It's very, very well integrated!

At the D and R level, it's amazing what they are learning about Biblical history and how it relates to the history commonly taught in ps.

PM me if you have more specific questions.