Menu

Anyone here ever run a preschool?

I've never run one but my ds attended one years ago. We loved it. A woman ran it out of her home. She did K4 only and was permitted to have 10 students. It was 3 days a week for 3 hours each day. She used a letter-of-the-week curriculum. The in-home setting was perfect for my shy ds.

I remember she'd be pretty busy cleaning up after sending her kids to school and before the preschool kids arrived. She had also set aside half her garage for preschool stuff--bulletin boards, cubbies, activity centers, special projects. But she clearly loved her work and the kids and parents loved her too. She had worked in a "preschool" but left because it was primarily daycare and the management there preferred it that way.

I know I didn't answer your question. Just wanted to share our experience and give you some encouragement!

Cinder

Thanks! That's sort of what I was thinking. Anyway, what am I going to do with all this stuff I have accumulated over the years? I've done lots of reading about Montessori and could also incorporate German and Spanish lessons. It seems like one could make a decent amount of money for a part-time endeavor.