Menu

Practical Atelier Art question...

diaperjoys

Does the student need to watch the DVD while he is doing the art project, or is the project done after watching the DVD instruction??

Our DVD player is in the living room, on light colored carpet, and is not moveable. Our kids will be 6, 5, 3, and 1. Doing the project while watching might just be deal-breaking technical impossibility!

We watch the beginning through the instruction and then if it is in phases ( a couple of processes), we will go do the first part, pausing the DVD and come back. If not, and it is one lesson we don't have to break down, we will watch the entire lesson, then go do it. I always play classical music in the background while they are working..I'd like to think it has a calming affect....NOT...lol

We watch the dvd in my family room and then head to the kitchen to do the project. There are one or two lessons in the module we are doing (level 3) where I would have preferred to stop the dvd, do part of the lesson and then watch the rest before completing our projects, but the other mom I'm doing this with didn't want to. It all worked out fine anyway. This is with children 6 - 9 years old.

Lisa