Menu

Apologia Science tutorials

Pongo

I checked this link form the Apologia catalog.

http://www.redwagontutorials.com

The price is less than any online live feed I have seen so far. You can even purchase individual modules for under $20. Seems like a great deal, this is the Teacher that will be doing the classes for Apologia at double the cost, although maybe because the books are included.

Anyone use this?

Okay, I am confused. What is this? Do you pay $150 and take the class all year long, sending him the assignments via post office? Do you still have to pay for the textbook? What about the test and solutions manual? Is this actually through Apologia or is he doing this on his own?

Looks like you purchase the books, then you download the video for the lesson or you have the option of buying the DVD's for the same price. With both you get, (for the down loadable videos) 12 month access to 32 hours of videos (lessons taught),down loadable class lecture notes, test summaries, lab report examples,alternative module tests,quarter tests, semester exams and a class syllabus.

Not sure if this will help anyone, looks like no one uses this:) But for those that wanted more information.

I contacted the instructor, he got back to me immediatly.....within the hour;)

I asked if he thought the DVD version was better than the downloadable videos because I would not be able to commit to the class times which, he only takes 60 students for the year per course.

His response:

She sounds like she is more then ready for General Science. I have attached a comparision sheet between the various programs. I think the downloadables are better than the DVD because I grade the Tests and Exams for the recorded program Additionally, the recorded program is updated with the most current information each week during the school year; whereas the DVD is not.

God Bless,

Steve Rosenoff

Online Science Instructor

ApologiaAcademy

http://www.apologiaacademy.com

http://www.redwagontutorials.com

I'm considering the downloadables for Biology next year (9th grade), because I think it will help my ds toughen up if someone else is grading him, but we can stay on our own schedule. I think this is the first year these have been available, but I'm hopeful it will be a really good thing!

I haven't used that, but ds#1 had Steve Rosenoff for Biology a couple of years ago, and ds#2 has him for General Science this year. He is a fantastic teacher! :thumbup1: I considered using the audios this year for ds#2, but ds#1 insisted I register ds#2 for Mr. Rosenoff's live class through The Potter's School. I'm glad I did that. But, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his audios, if that would work better for someone that a live class. BTW, ds#2 will be in his live Physical Science class next year through Apologia Academy.

"...this is the Teacher that will be doing the classes for Apologia at double the cost, although maybe because the books are included."

The books aren't included in the price of the class.

Yeaaa....I am happy to hear that. The live video feeds should be pretty close to what she would be getting in a class but, without actual live participation. He said, he will be doing the exam corrections, that will work wonderfully because it will give her a sense of accountability to someone other than me:D