Menu

How many days per week/how much time per day for GWG?

HappyGrace

Hmm. I would say 4x per week for an avg. of 20 min. We've been trying 3x per week to accommodate our co-op and our music program, which eat up two days for us, but we haven't been able to finish our GWG books for the past two years. So that's why I'd say 4x per week - but you might finish the book early.

Anyone else find anything differently? I'd love to know.

I thought I had heard that 3x per week would work, too, but now we're at the end of the year and finding that we're not done :) I'll have to plan more carefully next year. 4x per week would probably have you finish early. Maybe some mix of 3x and 4x per week would make it come out to 36 weeks.

My oldest is doing GWG 4 this year. It takes 15-20 minutes. I love the program. She's learning a lot and she's great at diagramming sentences!

We are doing GWG5 and we do it 4-5 times a week. It is one of the things that my son often takes in the car if there is a day that we are going to be out and about during the day, ie field trips, activities, errands. So it rarely gets drop for the day unless it is day when ALL schoolwork is dropped.

We started in January, after Christmas, and will probably be done by mid-July.