Menu

Does it make YOU nervous when your dc test?

My 4 dc took their standardized tests today. It's required here in NC. They were fine, not really nervous. I was the one who was sweating until it was over. They all did really well BTW.

I'm not sure why I get so nervous. Maybe I'm afraid I missed teaching them something they'll need? It's not like I'm a slacker. We have been really disciplined with school and I knew I covered the bases, so why was I so nervous???

Yes, I get nervous! It's pretty much like a job performance review! I *know* it should go well, and I know the positives and weaknesses... but this is MY work that's being tested for the most part, right?!

It's gotten easier for me as my kids do it again and again. The big thing for me is to never let them know that I'm worried. :)

Yes, I get nervous! It's pretty much like a job performance review! I *know* it should go well, and I know the positives and weaknesses... but this is MY work that's being tested for the most part, right?!

:iagree:

And it doesn't help that the grandparents (while being good and not saying anything overt) have made it known to us that they think we are ruining our children - I can't tell you how many comments I've gotten about how glad they are the eldest is in public high school now, because she "needed it".:glare:

I need these tests to turn out well so I can show them to the grandparents!