Menu

AP Human Geography: Are there any other companies offering this apart from PA

My dd self studied AP Human Geo last year. She read the books, did the test prep book, and watched a bunch of videos on Annenberg. She's not the best organized kid in the world, so she ended up doing most of the course every afternoon for 6 weeks just prior to the test. Sigh...

this year she's supposed to be doing AP US Gov. She's using a text and book of readings and the course that's available free on the National Open Repository of Courses--video, syllabus, tests, etc. I'm not in full yell mode yet, but it's coming.:001_smile:

My impression of both these courses is that they're not so much hard as voluminous--there's just a ton of reading. A lot is repetitious, but sometimes the test focuses on minutiae, so those flashcards really help.

Danielle

I bought ALL 3 books suggested on the College Board set. Big mistake. She only read the de Blij stuff. It was more than enough. It was the next to the most current edition. BTW, she's still talking about what she learned. It's definitely a worthwhile course for what you learn, altho not one of the most popular ones.

Danielle