Menu

real science for kids?

gr8tcook

Has anyone used Gravitas Real Science for Kids? This looks like it offers a little more structure and I think it looks like a good program but would like anyone who has used it to wiegh in please. Science is not my strength and I have 2 boys who want to go a little more in depth than I am comfortable. I was thinking specifically of using the physics materials. I would appreciate comments on any of them though. Amazon reviews are a little mixed so that's why I posted here. thanks

It's been discussed frequently here. I would use the search function (under the welcome in the upper right of your screen) and you will find countless discussions.

It's quite popular. I've used chemistry and biology level 1 with a 4th grader. The chemistry was quite good and the biology I'm less enthused about, but it's been ok. It's a bit pricey. If you want to save money you don't really need the instructor's manual - but she adds some interesting discussion in it.

How old are your boys?

We used RS4K for 4th grade physics. I had mixed feelings about it. You may read my review in this thread.

Here are a few other threads:

RS4K - Pros, Cons, what you really need - all opinions welcome

Read Science 4 Kids?

Dh is using Exploration Education with ds these days. I recommend it - fun for the kids, easy and well-organized for the parent. It is linked in my signature. They have 2 different programs based on age. It is not strictly physics, but a combination of physics and chemistry.

Good luck!

Edited by Sue in St Pete