Menu

Classical Writing :Aesop rework?

Interesting.

A year or so ago, I posted a question about "not doing" the Analysis part of the program. I was told there wasn't much point in doing CW if that's what I wanted to do.

And I took the point. Nonetheless, I'd be very interested in seeing what's up with this idea and the rationale behind it.

Have you a link?

It's mine, Alana.

I can't imagine there would be any copyright issues with a child rewriting Leo Lionni's materials in their personal composition notebooks. Many a successful preschool program is based on kids copying the artwork of Eric Carle for publication on their home refrigerator, and no one takes issue.

I don't plan to publish or sell an alternative CW models book or anything like that.

Thanks, Rose! I found the post last night--but I didn't make the connection at all!

Somehow I thought the folks involved in the CW project were going to offer a version with things "separated out" or something.

But I understand your impulse: you want your kids to "copy" something worth copying while the models in CW are strictly for the analysis. You can take that one step further, even and ditch the CW models entirely, really, if you do all the analysis on the children's own work. It's something I'm keeping in mind once I know my way around the program a bit more.