Menu

If you use notebooking/lapbook pages for history...

shanvan

that are already prepared for you, which do you like the best? I am looking for some history pages that are already done for me, to give me a little bit of a break from making my own.

I'd like a mix of somewhat crafty pages (but not too many) and writing pages with relevant historical pictures and maps. I've already looked at History pockets and I feel they are too crafty--too much time, not enough learning.

Right now I'm looking specifically for Ancient history with Bible included. Because I've been making my own we sometimes get stalled if I haven't gotten to it.

I'll consider anything that might make my life a little easier and help us to keep our history studies running more smoothly. I know Winter Promise has these, but I've read mixed reviews. TOG sells a kit. Has anyone used it and how do you like their pages? Any one have other suggestions?

Thanks.

Shannon

I thought the TOG ones were too boring. Have you seen Homeschool in the Woods? They have several formats, and we've had success with them. Our best lapbooks are the ones we do ourselves with a scanner. We scan images from our materials and glue them on card stock to make them flip up. That seems to be enough for us....don't need all the folds and tabs. Visually, these are much more engaging than just the headings.

Nancy in NC

at these. I took a quick peak this morning and they look good. Somehow I've gotten behind the times in knowing what is available. I thought Homeschool in the Woods only had the timeline figures.

Shannon

I have History Scribe too and I like it, but I like the pages that I got from Notebookingpages.com better. She has an ancient history bundle. Hold that thought also has notebooking pages. We looked at the samples, but my daughter loves to draw so they weren't a good fit for us.

Suzanne

I bought the TOG and honestly they are not for us. I do like that it is all preplanned, but I would still have to tweak it to fit our needs. I use these free notebooking pages. I add my ds narration from SOTW, and add any pictures from the Usborne online links or google. Behind that I put his mapwork, coloring pages, and the literature worksheets from TOG.

I have looked at History Portfolio a lot, but have never taken the plunge. I am not sure how well it works with TOG, though.

HTH