Menu

Would I have my son do his regular math and the CD SAT review at the same time?

My 10th grade son is going to be taking the ACT next month and I bought the chalkdust SAT math review. Would he do his regular math ( saxon alg II) and do this review course or should he take a break from the Alg II?

If he keeps doing the Alg II he wll be done by the time we want to break in June, but if he takes a break to do the SAT review he wont finish the Saxon until fall.

Not sure what I should do.

Hi Quiver,

I decided to have my son do double-duty in Math. He's still doing his geometry AND spending about an hour a day working/watching the Chalkdust SAT review dvd. I really wanted to let him put geometry aside, but I just couldn't do it.

(That said....he's working slowly and not at full pace in geometry right now.)

hth

My teen also continued her regular math while doing the Chalkdust review. As I recall the DVD set was about 14 hours long. I had her watch the DVD and stop it whenever she needed/wished to work a problem. She also did several practice tests (in their entirety) as well as worked through math sections in the big blue book. Ideally, I'd start the Chalkdust program about 8 weeks before the test for maximum effect.

Regards,

Kareni