Menu

Would the Chalkdust SAT math review also be good for the ACT test?

just thought of this... she said it was helpful because he shows tricks to work through the problems quicker and gives tips in general, ie: start at the back and work your way forward, I believe. Overall, she found it helpful for the ACT. hth.

ACT and SAT math are essentially the same. If you are good at math on the one, you should be good at math on the other.

Really? I thought there was a difference. I know the ACT includes some trig, which I don't think the SAT does and I thought the SAT had more "tricky" problems, but maybe those aren't really significant differences. I'd really like to know because I've been wondering about purchasing Chalkdust to review for ACT, too. So if you could share your source of the info, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Really? I thought there was a difference. I know the ACT includes some trig, which I don't think the SAT does and I thought the SAT had more "tricky" problems, but maybe those aren't really significant differences. I'd really like to know because I've been wondering about purchasing Chalkdust to review for ACT, too. So if you could share your source of the info, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I am not familiar with Chalkdust, but I speak from personal experience with the SAT and ACT. Yes, there are a few differences, but if you can't do math, you can't do math.

You could try some practice tests with your student to see how they're doing in math. Here are free online tests, otherwise check your library for prep books with additional sample tests.

ACT- http://www.act.org/aap/pdf/preparing.pdf

SAT- http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/prep_one/test.html?BannerID=pretest&AffiliateID=PREPCENTER

What grade is your student and how much math has he/she had?

Thank you all. He is in grade 10 and is almost finished Saxon Alg II.

Sounds like your son is on track. If he does most of Advanced Math before next spring (most take it spring of 11th grade) there should be virtually nothing on the test that he doesn't know. Of course, a little review can't hurt.