Menu

If you're sick, do you still exercise? And more ??? about viruses . . .

My kiddos were all sick. Tested negative for strep, but one was positive for the flu. Nasty fever that continued for 6-7 days. Hacking all the time. Vomiting.

Dh and I have had the flu shot.

Then Dh started coughing and vomiting.

I got a few symptoms. No fever, but a little sore throat. And a little coughing. Hoarse voice.

Was that the same as the dc? Can you have the same virus with different symptoms?

Of course, I was skeptical that only ONE of the dc had the flu when they were all sick. Isn't the flu extremely contagious?

And if you feel something maybe coming on, do you still workout? I maxed out my vitamins and fluids, hoping maybe I could stop it. But I wasn't sure about working out. Should I rest up when I'm feeling drained? Or keep on pushing myself?

tia

Rest.

And, there are viruses and bacteria around us all the time. It has a lot to do with our state- our immune system state, which relates to our stress, our diet, whether we are just getting over something else, etc- we are not just passive victims and we don't all respond the same to what is already in our environment. In my family we all tend to respond to things differently and its often not obvious whether we have the same bug.

But when we are sick- I make us rest. If the kid is up and raring to go to gym or whatever, they had better have been well enough to do their schoolwork that day :)

Flu is serious...it kills people every winter. Don't muck around with it. I have only had it once in my life and it was SO different from the normal run of viruses, I understood why so many end up in hospital with it. Of course, many people just try and carry on as normal, when they should be in bed.