Menu

suggestions needed for a warm weather trip...

My DH has a really bad case of cabin fever. We are breaking records for cold and snow this winter in Michigan and he would love to head someplace warm. We are thinking about just packing a suitcase and heading someplace south and probably east. He has back issues so we don't want to drive for more than 8 hours or so a day.

Nashville is maybe 9-10 hours from us, if that helps.

I know it's spring break time starting, so hotels will become an issue soon.

We love water, and would be content to just look at the ocean, but we really don't want to drive for 2 days and have it still be 40 degrees outside.

Any suggestions for fairly inexpensive, but scenic places to visit in the next few weeks?? Tennesee or Kentucky, Georgia maybe??

My husband and I took a trip to Costa Rica in January. It was so nice to get somewhere tropical while it was winter at home. Maybe you could check into a package deal (there are some great ones out there right now) so that you could get somewhere really warm?

It's 16 hours from Chicago to St. Augustine. The weather is nice though the ocean is still cold right now. For those of us used to Lake Michigan that may not be an issue? St. Augustine is a lovely historic town with lots to do, both in terms of historic sites and cool nature.

I would love to see St. Augustine, but it's a tad too far to drive. Hubby really developes back issues after that many hours in the car. (He had failed back surgery for a ruptured disc and one of his leg has some serious nerve damage). After one day in the car, he needs to be on land the next day.

We don't have passports as this point in time...altho we plan to get them as we would love to drive up into Cananda at some point in the future.

More ideas anyone??