Menu

Abacus math

Ohdanigirl

Has any body used this? http://www.nurtureminds.com/online-store.htm My son saw something about children in Asian countries using an abacus to calculate large numbers and now he really wants me to get him something to learn with. He actually said it was "really cool". Any ideas?

I think my husband showed him a youtube news video but I don't have the link.

He just told me about three hours ago, so I am sill looking. I hadn't thought about making one, that's a great idea. I found a site that teaches how to use it though. I'll see if we can make one together, or maybe my husband and he can do it for fun, they're the math guys. Thanks.:)

I purchased this program. I think it's really great! I haven't officially purchased it..... I would go for it if you want a program for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. It teaches you how to visualize an abacus so that you can figure up things without actually touching an abacus...at the end...if it works...

I suggest having one for each child you're teaching and purchasing an extra one for yourself.

My husband sat down and went through the whole first book. He really liked it...(He's an engineer.)

There are a couple of of threads on here that you can search for, too...(on here)

Carrie:-)