Menu

Who Already Uses HOD?

Donna T.

Just wondering who our HOD users are? I'm joining your ranks and have just ordered Bigger with the extensions for next year. I am very excited! I've heard that they ship immediately, sometimes even the same day if you order early. Maybe I'll get it by the end of the week! Woo-hoo!!

It was their new Ancient year package that sold me. It looks awesome. I love the books that Carrie has chosen. I corresponded with her and she will be writing programs for three more years of a four year cycle. Awesome.

:party:

If you are using HOD, please pump me up and tell me what you like about it. No negative reviews please. I only want to hear the good!

Hi Donna!

Not much time to respond now, but we use it and love, love, LOVE it! I've tried everything else out there, and nothing has reached our hearts the way that HOD has. I am 100% completely at peace with our hs'ing and am thrilled to not have to "find the next great thing" any more.

My only regret is not using HOD sooner.. I made the mistake of relying on the samples and not delving deeper into researching HOD a couple of years back.. I sure missed a real treasure.

Enjoy "Bigger".. my ds is SO looking forward to beginning that program this summer!

Edited by Leslie in TN

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Little Hearts of His Glory right now with my DS and have order Beyond for him next year. I love all the books, and how "simple" all the boxes are to do.

I researched other curriculum for a while, but always came back to HOD because when I picked the best books i liked from all the different curriculum's... HOD had them all included in their curriculum.

I Love the HOD board too... anytime I have had a question I can get it answered right away.

We just finished Beyond and are five weeks into Bigger. I am really impressed with how easy it has been to implement. I like doing the notebook pages with the kids and it is fun to just sit and chat about the topics. Today we spent an hour chatting about bivalves and univalves and pouring over shells and shell books we have in the house.

I tweek it a bit and on our day for vocabulary I add in a latin or greek word that goes with the week's topic. My kids *love* it and are always excited to go get their notebooks for school. It makes school fun and still they are learning interesting things. Just today my 6 year old was looking over his map in the History book and telling me it was his favorite page so far. They started talking about all the journey's that were drawn on it and where the captian's landed. Very cool.

We would not be doing poems each week if it were not for HOD. My kids love guessing the title and rereading it has been a spark to some more interesting talk. The talking is such a relaxing way to do narrations, I almost feel guilty. But it see it helping them process the info and cementing it as they go.

Bigger is a great progeam. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

Edited by Once