Menu

A Beka Language users

angela&4boys

I haven't used it to homeschool with, but I used it when I was a kid in a private school and my dd did as well. Abeka starts grammar in their LA program in 3rd or 4th grade. I have the LA 2 kit and can say there still isn't any mention of nouns or verbs. My daughter and I write and spell with more ease than my mom, husband, and other family members. I do think this is due to the thorough phonics/spelling base Abeka gives. HTH.

We use Abeka (6th and 3rd graders) and I like it. We do add in PLL and ILL and Writing Strands but we use their Language and Composition as well as their Spelling.

I switched for a while but I am really comfortable with the formality of their language program and my children do very well with it. We do a lot of narration with their History and Science so I'm fine with a few things that come from a workbook.

Thanks ladies. I need something ready to go and preferably budget-friendly. A Beka fits the bill along with the CLP TM.

We already have IEW in place along with Bible copywork and dictation as well as history and science narrations to round out language arts. Formal grammar is the thorn in my side. :glare: