Menu

old

Paisley Hedgehog

Yup, saw the email and found it equally provocative but uninformative, lol. Inside info? I've seen the new software another department is beta testing, the software the I assume they'll use. It's pretty cool. I'm just waiting to hear price point. No, what I've seen is not live streaming but a more sophisticated way of delivering the lessons and having structure and accountability. What I don't know is whether they'll break apart classes for the lower levels (which would be quite easy) or leave them bundled. I'm not sure THEY know yet. Of course I'm not in the loop. I'm just saying I think they're working through all the details as quickly as they can. It's not exactly an easy change.

Ok, I guess I may not know what I'm saying. By live streaming, do you mean a teacher teaching a LIVE class? No, I don't think that's where they're going. It will still be recorded lessons, but it will use the internet as a means of delivery. Notice they said you'll need a fast connection. At least that's what I've seen from my "source" hehe...

Got the email too. A great option for those with fast internet...unfortunately there are still many on dial-up, or like us, using air cards with a set amount of GB allowed for the month and costly fees if you go over. Downloading a few 30 to 45 min. BJU classes a day would definitely take us over. :tongue_smilie:

I AM glad BJU is working so quickly at getting another alternative though. I just hope and pray that the price is low for large families, which is why many used the satellite service. If it is just as expensive as DVD or hard drive, BJU is going to get many complaints, I'm afraid. Since offering the classes online should be considerably cheaper for BJU though, I am confident they will pass that savings along to us.

OK, I am semi-confident they will do so. ;)

Shari, what I've seen is, as you say, something you can click and work through lessons. The thing about "payments" scared me, only in the sense I was really hoping elementary single subjects would be available and affordable!! I have no clue what they're going to do for pricing. As you say, they could price it right out of being an option for many people. Unfortunately, new technology doesn't necessarily make it cheaper, as they have to license the software. :(