Menu

Following along in the KF with SOTW for older children

Quiver0f10

I am thinking of using SOTW with my younger children and using the SOTW guide, but having the older ones read/summarize the KF pages that go along with the SOTW pages instead of having the older ones do 2 page spreads from the KF as outlined in the WTM. Do you think this would work well? I have various other spines we could flesh out more information as needed. I would just like to keep everyone on the same topic as much as possible. I can add in lit book on grade level and do some read alouds. What do you think?

If you have the Activity Guide, it's easy! They've already coordinated the pages in Kingfisher to go along with each chapter. (THey've also done the old white version, and the two recommended Usborne encyclo's, fwiw.)

OK, it's been a while since I had an activity guide. I was worried that because they wouldn't be doing two days of 2 page spreads( WTM) that they would be missing something, kwim? I am over thinking this, I know LOL

If you have the Activity Guide, it's easy! They've already coordinated the pages in Kingfisher to go along with each chapter. (THey've also done the old white version, and the two recommended Usborne encyclo's, fwiw.)

I didn't know that. I sat down with SOTW and KF to put the topics together.

If you follow SOTW then the KF needs a bit of re-arrangement. If you follow KF then SOTW has to be done out of sequence.

I found it easier to follow SOTW.