Menu

Tics and weird pain

Sarah CB

Ds is still constantly having tics. However, last night something weird happened. He has night terrors but last night was much different than "regular" night terrors. He came out of bed and was upset about his hands hurting - basically right inside his palms. He was crying, rubbing his hands, even hitting them together at one point to stop the pain. This went on for about 10 minutes and then it stopped.

I'm wondering if this is related to the tics? Was this some kind of extreme tic? Or was this just a night terror? What caused the pain in his hands?

Sarah

My son did this a few times. He has seizures. I ask the doctor about it, but all they could tell me was that it was either a product of the seizure or the medicine causing a reaction. Since they lowered his Trileptal he hasn't had anymore, so I just figured it was the high dose of the medicine. What medicine is your son on? Sometimes these things can just happen, that is what his doctor told us.