Menu

Does anyone have a forensic book handy??

DD needs some forensic resources. I need to cite something from a book about evidence collection and evidence collection techniques. Can anyone quote me a little information that she can put into her own words and then give me the book info that she can reference in a bibliography?

We can't get to the library. This is makeup work from when she was out for a week having her wisdom teeth extracted. It has to be completed and we just don't have the resources on hand (other than the internet).

her paper has to be on evidence and evidence collection techniques. She needs to give details on equipment and methods used by the police. I have some resources from the internet, but she has to have a book source (other than the encyclopedia, which I also need to find). Do any of your books cover this information? I actually have lists of materials but need to cite a book that also has the lists.

The texts I have don't have lists, per say. They are college-level forensic textbooks that are generally divided by type of crime scene. The tools used are integrated into their applications in collecting evidence in different crime scenes. Are you looking for just a plain list of tools crime scene investigators use? I think that most books are going to divide those by crime being investigated. By details, do you mean she needs to know exactly how a specific tool is used to collect evidence and why it is used?

I did a quick search and found three (with limited previews only) that might provide enough info for your dd to find what she needs. The three I found are:

Techniques of Crime Scene Investigation

Forensics the Easy Way

Practical Crime Scene Processing and Investigation (this book has a list)

A quick search of "crime scene investigation" or "evidence collection" should yield quite a few results.

On the right-hand side of the page for the book you are viewing, there is a picture of the cover of the book, the description, and a rating. The description is only partial and the word "more" is hyperlinked. Click it. It should take you to the main page for the book that lists all of the bibliographical information you would need.